Your safety is our number one priority. We are very proud that our safety standards exceed all B.C. regulations. All our staff are professional white water rafting guides, trained by Rescue Canada in Swift water rescue and must have first aid training. Our licensed guides go above and beyond expectations to ensure safety, while making sure everyone has an enjoyable experience.
What to bring on Day trips:
- Bathing suit and / or shorts (no cotton or jean shorts). We provide a wetsuits if needed.
- Footwear for on the river that won’t come off: i.e. water sandals with heel strap, old runners (no flip-flops!).
- Rain jacket/windbreaker, bring it with you, if you don’t need it, leave it in your car. If you don’t have one, we can provide one. Polar fleece / wool sweater & wool socks (for cooler days).
- Sun glasses and a sun hat are optional, but are welcome on normal hot sunny days.
- Medications, sunscreen (there is a small dry-bag on the raft for these items).
- For after the rafting: dry clothes, shoes and towel.
What to bring on Multi day river trips:
- Keep in mind weather conditions may vary throughout your adventure. As space on the rafts is somewhat limited, please pack your gear into soft duffel bags and packs; no suitcases, foamies or personal coolers will be allowed. Also, no glass bottles; aluminium and plastic containers are preferred.
- For the river: windproof rain jacket & pants, camera & case/or waterproof camera, sleeping bag, tent & thermarest (rentals available), warm jacket, extra clothing & dry shoes for camp, flashlight, personal toiletries and medications.
- While on the river your gear will be tarped to keep it dry. On the morning of the second day, your gear will be unloaded back to our Lytton base. The rafts will then be light and maneuverable through the rapids.
- Hyak will provide: return transportation from our Lytton base, life jackets and safety equipment, helmets, paddles and wetsuits (if needed), all meals from lunch on the first day to lunch on the last day.
Anyone appearing under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be NOT be allowed to participate – no exceptions.
The Release of Liability and Waiver of Claims is required to participate in the activities, you will fill in a waiver at arrival. You can download it here.
A deposit of 100% of the trip cost is required within 10 days of booking to confirm your participation. Due to the nature of our business, which requires early commitment of resources, full refunds will only be given for cancellations received up to 10 days prior to departure. There are no refunds or re-scheduling of trips within 10 days of departure.
Hyak Wilderness Adventures Inc.
Or e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org